Checking your transmission fluid can be difficult or confusing if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Checking your oil is very straight forward comparatively (put your car in park, Shut it off, pop the hood, pull the dipstick, clean it off, dip it in to check the level).
Your transmission however requires a bit more know how.
- Make sure your car is running
- Set your parking break and put the car in neutral
- Pop the hood and find the transmission dipstick
- Remove the stick, wipe it off and replace it
- Remove the stick again to check the fluid level*
*If your vehicle has been running for more then 10 minutes then the fluid is hot and should have run up the stick accordingly.